Friday, June 10, 2016

Why Indians move abroad - COMMERCIALIZED EDUCATION SYSTEM

I am not going to blame the complete Indian Education System; In fact, it never forces anyone to become Software Engineer/Doctor/Charted Accountant etc. It is the poor economic condition of our country that compels most of the parents to force such ‘high earning’ professions on their kids.

We don’t see education as a process of learning, rather an instrument to earn the money we invested – nothing but a business.

In turn, the student aims to score more marks in the examinations rather than learning something for his knowledge; the schools aim to make more money rather than teaching the wisdom.

“Education is that what remains after one has forgotten what one has learnt in school.”-  Albert Einstein

If the above statement is true, I and most of us, the present generation have ever had education.
I have had a great school days, barley learnt anything other than the school lessons. My family’s meager economic condition just made sure that I don’t think or try-out anything else other than the school book texts.

I studied hard instead of enjoying the learning! Not to disagree, the hard studies secured me a district rank that assured me an engineering seat in a reputed institute and even helped to get my first job too.

But it took no time for me to realize that I learnt nothing, on the first day of my work itself. There was absolutely no connection between the theories I studied in the school and the practical day-today work.

Not just our primary and secondary school syllabus are sheathing, even our engineering curriculum is many decades behind.


Now, I don't want my daughter to grow up with the same problems and prejudices that I had been facing. I do not want my kid too bend up in a pressurizing education system which is desperate to rob her a healthy, carefree childhood and push her into endless tuitions, day & night muck-ups, unhealthy competitions and as a result, totally a non-creative atmosphere. 

Share this

0 Comment to "Why Indians move abroad - COMMERCIALIZED EDUCATION SYSTEM"