Saturday, June 27, 2015

Bangalore Traffic - "It's awful!”


I was recalling as how relax a weekday would start about a decade ago, …

would wake up at 6.30 AM, take a walk to the nearby nayar tea shop,  get ready to office and leave home by 9.00 AM, it would take just 10 minutes to travel to my office, park my vehicle and then complete my register signing formalities and by the time I get to my desk, it would have hardly taken about half an hour since I left home. On my way back home it used to take just about the same time as the onward travel.

But in the last 10 years, traffic has increased by leaps and bounds, and reaching office and going back to home has become such as hectic task. Travel time has increased to more than one hour, if I had been to travel to same office place. Well, the situation has changed now.......and am in a different city – Bangalore, where the traffic is even horrible.
                             
Tell me, Will a 4 lane serve our bumper-to-bumper traffic at rush hour, or even a 8 lane road?. The important question is not how many lanes must be built to ease congestion, but to go for some proven alternates like carpooling, Cycling/using 2 wheeler, and public transport….etc.

Most of us know that widening roads to fight against traffic congestion is like buying larger clothe to fight back your obesity :), but still why do we cry for road widening ,while killing 100s of good old trees. It’s awful !!!

Share this

0 Comment to "Bangalore Traffic - "It's awful!”"