Saturday, May 22, 2010

"Kathaa Vilasam" S. Ramakrishnan


I got introduced to the writings of S.Ramakrishnan first with his '#ThunaiEzuthu' series in Ananda vikatan. Soon I became his fan, when I started reading his another series “ Kathaavilasam” in the same Ananda Vikatan.

Writer S.Ramakrishnan is a modern Tamil fiction writer, an essayist, a playwright, Film script writer and a world cinema expert... He’s written four novels, five short story collections, nine collections of essays and three books on films. .

His “#Kathaavilasam” introduced many of modern Tamil writers and their writings. Indra Parthasarathy, Naanjil Naadan, Paavannan, Nakulan, Mouni, T.Janakiraman, Asokamithran, Ki.Rajanarayanan, Pudhumaipithan, Vannadasan, Vannanilavan, Narasayya, La.Sa.Ra, Ku.Pa.Ra, Sa.Kandhasamy, and the one and only Sujatha are all the notable ones from the “Kathaa vilasam”...

I have read very few of his works. But still they made an impact in me. Checkout his website here , where you can find all about his writings and views.

Share this

2 Comments to ""Kathaa Vilasam" S. Ramakrishnan"

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Pon Paulraj said...

Thanks !