Monday, March 30, 2009

Get Smart [2008]


Release : USA -2008
Directed by: Peter Segal
Starring :
Steve Carell,
Anne Hathaway,
Dwayne Johnson,
Terence Stamp..

I wanted to watch “Get Smart” during its release last June by visiting any theater. But I missed. Then I tried to see it again at my friend's home, but time didn’t permit me to finish the movie.

But finally, thanks to DVD at my own home, I got to see “Get Smart” on my third attempt, and it was worthy for the 3 attempts.

Summary:
Maxwell Smart (Steve Carell) works as an analyst at Control, a U.S. spy agency that was supposed to have closed after KAOS was defeated. However, KAOS is far from being dead.

KAOS penetrates Control and steals the names of all their field agents, and they then begin to kill Control agents around the world. The Chief (Alan Arkin) promotes Maxwell Smart, designates him Agent 86, and partners him with Agent 99 (Anne Hathaway).

Smart has always wanted to be a field agent, but he wanted to be partnered with the best, Agent 23 (Dwayne Johnson). Smart is given a little training and some spy-tech gadgets to help him do his job.

Smart and Agent 99 have uncovered information of where Siegfried (Terence Stamp), the sinister head of KAOS is located, and they go after him to stop him from taking over the world.
(The above summary is grabbed from www.imdb.com)

Funny comedies are a rare thing — but “Get Smart” has several laugh-out moments, so I warmly recommend it.

Share this

0 Comment to "Get Smart [2008]"