Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Kallikattu Ithikasam

This particular novel of Vairamuthu made me to realize that he is not just a poet / lyricist; but a great writer. The novel won him the Sahitya Akademi award for Best Literary Work in 2003.

"Kallikattu Ithikasam" – is a history of a normal man “Peya thevar”, who lived on the Karisal land, which lies submerged in the Vaigai dam.

It’s a mixture of various emotions like Friendship, Love, sadness, sufferings and depression faced by him.

People, who experienced the Village life, would relate each and every moment of the story with their lives.I bet your eyes will become wet, when you complete the last page of the Novel.

Share this

19 Comments to "Kallikattu Ithikasam"

Rajkumar said...

பகிர்தலுக்கு நன்றி PGK.
இந்நாவல் பார்ப்பதற்கும் மட்டுமே பெருந்தொகுதியாய் தோன்றலாம் ,படிக்க தொடங்கினால் முடிவது தெரிவதில்லை.அதன் வர்ணனைகளும்,விவரிப்புகளும் அயர்வின்றி தொடர செய்கின்றது!!

R.Benjamin Ponnaih said...

கவிஞரின் இந்த புத்தகத்தை நான் குறைந்தது இருபது முறையாவது படித்திருப்பேன்.

ஒவ்வொரு முறையும் மனதிற்குள் நிற்கும் ஒரே கேள்வி " இந்த பேயத்தேவனின் வாழ்வில் கண நேரத்திற்குக் கூட சந்தோஷம் என்பது எட்டிப் பார்க்கவில்லையா, அல்லது அப்படி பார்த்த தருணங்களில் கவிஞர் கண்ணயர்ந்து விட்டாரா?"

LK said...

I remember reading it when it was serialized in Ananda Vikatan. Though I have no acquaintance with rural life, I was touched by Vairamuthu's lyrical touches and stunning portraits of Karisal land.

By the way, Thanks for bringing the memories back.Keep up the good work.

Your blog has become my daily habit.

Sreedhar said...

kallikaatu ithikasam book Free Pdf format is Availble???

if it is available, send me the mail

Thanks.

sreedhar_dk@yahoo.co.in

sreedhar

Unknown said...

If kallikaatu ithikasam book Pdf format Availble???

send me the link to download...

Thanks.

raju.oceans12@gmail.com

Rajkumar

Anonymous said...

If you have the ebook. Kindly, mail it to, anandan555@gmail.com

Pon Paulraj said...

Sorry Guys... I don't have a soft copy.

Will pass thro' if i get one.

Thanks for reading my blog

raja said...

hi frnds .. i lik to read vairamuthu Kallikattu Idhikasam... i cant download it .. if u hav it .. please send it 2 my id (smileforeverraja@gmail.com). or if u knw wher it able 2 download tell me please ya

Kumara Raja said...

Please send me "Kallikattu Ithikasam" PDF if u have to p_kumararaja@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot.

Anonymous said...

there is nothing to download

AAKASHKUMAR said...

THE GREATEST BOOKS READING IN MY LIFE. THE BOOK NAME IS KALLIKATTU ITHIKASAM.THANKS FOR VAIRAMUTHU

ramesh said...

INEED A FREE COPY OF VAIRAMUTHU SIR BOOK IF ANU ONE HAVE SHARE IT WITH ME AT rameshbpharm@gmail.com

kuber csk said...

வரலாறு கலந்த இதிகாசம்
வாழ்கையை அழகாய்
பகிர்ந்து காட்டும் இன்றி அமைய
தமிழனின் படைப்பு ..!

Unknown said...

plz send this as pdf to zinda354@gmail.com

Unknown said...

If any one have this in pdf format please send it to me shanmugam. rg24@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I want PDF format of this book
Mail to dr.priyanenba@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I want PDF format of this book
Mail to dr.priyanenba@gmail.com

Know Tamil Nadu said...

I want PDF format of this book
Mail to ssathyaraj@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

PDF link plz